Protect brick panel edges in high traffic areas with corner trims
Consider using corner trims to protect brick panel edges in high traffic areas. Corner trims work well to keep exposed wall corners looking great. Available from James Hardie, 9mm Aluminium External Square Corners can protect panel edges from knocks, bumps and scrapes.
HOW BRICK CORNER TRIMS WORK
HOW TO INSTALL DURABRIC USING CORNER TRIMS
DuraBric panels need to be installed over a continuous substrate such as plaster, 6-8mm bracing ply, Gyproc or Blueboard.
- Check your DuraBric panel is the right way up with the mortar line sitting at the top.
- Lightly sand the panel edge using an off-cut piece of DuraBric, brick face to brick face.
- Ease the panel horizontally into the corner trim from the open side. If the panel doesn’t fit, sand down the edge a little more.
- Start installing at the bottom of the wall and work up towards the ceiling.
- Follow our install instructions to complete the installation of the remaining wall panels.
HOW TO FINISH A DURABRIC INSTALL USING CORNER TRIMS
- Mask off the trim with removable tape (if you want to protect it) before painting the panels.
- Apply the desired finish to the DuraBric wall and allow the paint to dry completely.
- Gently remove the tape from the corner trims.