HOW TO INSTALL
You can easily install your Durabric panels. Just follow the simple instructions below. Or you can download our installation guide. This guide can be used for all Durabric profiles.
BEFORE YOU START
Check all Durabric panels are the right way up. The top edge has a 10mm mortar line above the first row of bricks. This must sit at the top.
Top edge with mortar line
Work out the correct brick pattern.
Dura Standard, Tumbled, Rustic and Cinderblock 3 panels need to be offset to maintained the correct brick pattern. Dura Cinderblock 2 & 4 and Slimbrick 10 & 12 panels can be stacked.
For more information on how to get an authentic brick pattern finish download the Durabric Panel Layout Guide.
It is important to prepare the panels before you start installation.
- Ensure the edges of sheets are free from excess brick.
- Cut panels (if required) using a masonry disc in a circular saw or angle grinder.
- Mitre corners at 45 degrees.
- Install panels over a continuous substrate such as plaster, 6-8mm bracing ply, Gyproc or Blueboard.
- Panels need to be butt-joined. The half bricks on each alternate row will align to create one full brick.
- When fixing panels in place screw through the brickface not through mortar lines – 8 screws per panel is recommended.
- Sink screws approximately 2mm into brick face.
- Conceal all screw holes and corner gaps with filler provided.
- Filler supplied is ready to use – do not add water.
- Remove excess filler by sanding with an off-cut piece of Durabric, brickface-to-brickface.
Now all you need to do is apply a finish to the brick face.
Got a question about how to install Durabric?
Drop us a line or give us a call.
1300 305 907
Not what you’re looking for?
Check out our gallery, browse our other products or try out a new design for your home or investment property.