How to finish your brick wall decor
DuraBric panels are supplied unfinished so you can create the brick wall decor you want. From a simple mono-colour textured surface to a visual masterpiece, the options are endless.
Some finishes work better than others so, to get the best results, please read these guidelines before finishing off your brick wall decor:
- Only use ACRYLIC paints and sealers
- DO NOT use enamel products or thinners – they may cause the bricks to soften
RECOMMENDED FINISHING PRODUCTS
Whether you’re looking for consistency across a chain of stores or an individual masterpiece, DuraBric is the perfect canvas. Over time, we’ve tried and tested a number of finishing products on our panels. Here are some of our favourites:
- Dulux Acra Tex – fine or medium finish works best, you can tint to your chosen colour
- Rockcote – quality renders, textures and paints, you can tint the Portofino finish to your chosen colour
- Monarch effects paint brush – ideal for textured and effects paints
- a textured paint is recommended for the best finish, usually only requires two coats
- laser printing – yes that’s right – our panels can also be laser printed!
POPULAR FINISHES USED BY DURABRIC CUSTOMERS
We love it when our customers share their projects. We’ve seen everything from exceptional hospitality wall art and commercial feature pieces to retail spaces branded in a big way. Here are some of their favourite finishes:
- Rendered or bagged – applying a cement/lime/sand mixture with optional pigment
- Bagged and painted – a rough render sealed with a single acrylic paint colour
- Realistic – creating a realistic brick finish by applying paint effects to the brick face
Dura Tumbled with painted illustration finish.
Got a question about DuraBric? Use the form below to send us a message or give us a call.
1300 305 907