How to finish your brick wall decor
Durabric panels are supplied unfinished so you can create the brick wall decor you want. From a simple mono-colour textured surface to a visual masterpiece, the options are endless.
But some finishes do work better than others so, to get the best results, please follow these guidelines:
- Only use ACRYLIC paints and sealers
- DO NOT use enamel products or thinners – they may cause the bricks to soften
RECOMMENDED FINISHING PRODUCTS
Whether you’re looking for consistency across multiple stores, or an individual masterpiece, Durabric is a the perfect canvas. We’ve tried and tested a number of finishing products on our panels. Here’s some of our favourites:
- Dulux Acra Tex – fine or medium finish works best, you can tint to your chosen colour
- Rockcote – quality renders, textures and paints, you can tint the Portofino finish to your chosen colour
- Monarch effects paint brush – ideal for textured and effects paints
- we recommend a textured paint for the best finish, usually only requires two coats
- laser printing – yes that’s right – our panels can also be laser printed!
POPULAR FINISHES USED BY DURABRIC CUSTOMERS
We love it when our customers share their projects. We’ve seen everything from exceptional wall art and feature pieces to branded in a big way. Here’s some of their favourite finishes:
- Rendered or bagged – applying a cement/lime/sand mixture with optional pigment
- Bagged and painted – a rough render sealed with a single acrylic paint colour
- Realistic – creating a realistic brick finish by applying paint effects to the brickface
Dura Tumbled with painted illustration finish.
Got a question about applying a finish to your Durabric panels?
Drop us a line or give us a call.
1300 305 907
Not what you’re looking for?
Check out our gallery or browse our other Durabric profiles. Find out how easy it is to install Durabric.